I want to start a new weekly post called "Palabra de la semana" or "Word of the Week." I teach Spanish, and so many people I talk to say "Oh yeah... I don't really remember anything besides hola and the numbers!" and as a teacher, that makes me cringe. So, why not teach my readers a little Spanish? It's my plan to post new palabras on Sundays from here on out.
This week I am actually going to give you more than a word. The phrase I'm going to teach is a basic one. Some of you probably already know it, but you can actually use it in conversation on a regular basis!
¿Cómo estás? or ¿Qué pasa? which is "How are ya?" or "What's going on?"
To answer:
Bien - I'm well (or "good" for you non-grammatically correct!)
Mal - I'm bad.
Así-así - Eh, so-so.
Nada - Nothing
Mucho - Lots
Let me know if you have any suggestions of words or phrases you would like to learn! Also, feel free to share if you've used the new phrase :)
No comments:
Post a Comment